What is the Custom Lighting Program?
Our custom lighting program is offered to clients in the design, architecture and construction trades. We love bringing creative visions to life and have executed many innovative lighting designs for commercial and hospitality projects as well as private residences. Please see our Custom Lighting Gallery for examples of past projects.
Is there a minimum order requirement for custom lighting projects?
There is currently no minimum order requirement for custom lighting projects. Please note that custom orders will be individually quoted based on the design and scope of the project.
Do you offer a trade discount?
Yes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our trade discount.
What information do you need from me to create an initial quote?
It’s helpful to have as much information as possible about your vision and project to ensure that our quote is accurate, but if you don’t have all of the answers, we’ll work with you to get them!
This is the type of information that is most helpful in obtaining an accurate quote:
- Mood board / reference images
- Layout plan of the site, if applicable
- Elevation plan of the site, if applicable
- CAD drawing of the custom lighting
- Design/specification of the lighting – eg. dimmable, voltage, light intensity
- Project schedule
- Budget of the lighting
- Installation by us or by customer’s contractor
What is the general process for a custom lighting project, from beginning to end?
The process will vary based on the design, needs and scope of each project, and we’ll make sure to guide you through every step of the way and collaborate with you and your stakeholders (contractors, designers, etc.) to ensure the success of the project.
Here’s a quick overview of the process:
- Client shares initial information about the project. This can be a mood board, drawings, notes, reference images, etc.
- AEfolio sends a preliminary proposal
- Client shares feedback and further clarifications and specifications
- AEfolio sends final proposal with price for client’s approval
- Sign sales contract; 40% of cost due as deposit, production scheduled
- Production of the custom lighting
- Order delivered; 40% of cost due
- Lighting installation
- Client signs acceptance to the lighting; balance of the project due
Is there a fee for sampling? e.g. if I’m looking for a custom color/effect and would like to see physical samples of the color/effect before committing to the custom order.
If samples are requested or required for a custom project, a sample fee (and a mold fee if applicable) will be incurred. Depending on the complexity of the design and the order volume, a percentage of the sampling cost may potentially be deducted from the cost of the final order.
How long will it take to deliver a custom lighting design?
The timing will vary based on the design, needs and scope of each project. In general, simpler projects can take a month to complete, whereas complex projects can take up to a year.
Do you offer installation services for custom lighting?
Yes – for lighting designs that require professional installation, we can offer installation services in China and Hong Kong for an additional fee. We can provide an installation quote based on the needs of the project.
I’m not in Hong Kong, can I still order custom lighting?
Yes – we can fabricate the lighting based on your specifications and have it shipped to you. Please note that we do not offer installation services for locations outside of Hong Kong and China, but will provide installation specifications for your installer.
Can I order a custom product (non-lighting)? How do I place a custom made order?
Yes! As each piece is made to order, there are opportunities for customizing an existing design (e.g. via color and size) or bringing a new design to life. Please send an email to email@example.com with more information about what you’re looking for, including:
- Your name and contact information
- Description of your project, and/ or the product you are hoping to customize
- A drawing or visual reference of your design vision, including approximate size and quantity
- Timing for your project
- Approximate budget
We will review your notes within 3 business days. We’ll make sure to guide you through every step of the process to realize your vision.